1. Summary of Role
Talbot & Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Water Consultant to join our consulting team and support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. In this role you will have the opportunity to support the growth and development of our water advisory team and associated projects. You will be exposed to a broad range of environments and learn a diverse cross section of skills to ensure that you develop into a leading strategic player in the field of water security and sustainability.
2. How you will contribute
- By developing a deep understanding of our clients’ organisations, their water-related drivers and associated challenges you will contribute to the innovative outcomes and solutions to ensure that we deliver our clients, in line with our strategic intent
- You will be responsible for management and delivery of an array of projects in a broad range of environments
- Developing and effecting studies, investigations and associated pilot studies/processes
- Environmental monitoring, statistics and trend analysis, interpretation and reporting
- Associated research
3. Travel Requirements
- 40-60% of time
- Flexible working arrangements as long as candidate has good engagement and communication skill
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Supporting the development and scoping of projects including proposal preparation & submission.
- Design and execution of consulting projects including site visit, data gathering, research an interpretation.
- Report preparation, finalization, submission and presentation of solutions to clients.
- Ongoing learning and research into water and wastewater technologies, solutions and related-legislation.
5. Your technical Skills
- BSc (Hons) or MSc
- Environmental Science (Applied Earth / Natural Science)
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience
- The following would be advantageous
- Ability to work with a clients to develop an innovative and value-rich solutions
- Some understanding of, and exposure to, industrial processes including process optimisation, water balances and risk management
- Ability to engage as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Statistical analysis, interpretation and presentation of data and results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill and ability to present to a diverse audience
6. Your personal Attributes
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving sustainability performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7. What drives Talbot & Talbot
Talbot & Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.