1. Summary of Role
Talbot is a South African water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Technical Water Consultant to join our Consulting team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. The successful incumbent will provide advisory services to our clients in the water and wastewater industry.
2. How you will contribute
- Interrogate water and wastewater processes and provide solutions for efficiencies
- Develop water and wastewater management systems for our clients
- Deliver succinct, professional reports on audits of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
3. Primary Responsibilities
- Receipt of client enquiries, evaluation of deliverables and proposal submission.
- Site inspections including gathering of data, sample collection and identifying opportunities for further efficiencies.
- Co-ordination of laboratory analyses where required.
- Data analysis, trending and comparison to water or wastewater standards.
- Develop water safety plans including stakeholder engagement and reporting.
- Report writing and submission for review.
- Active engagement with other business units where required.
- Ongoing research of water and wastewater management, legislation and market feedback
- Marketing support to business unit initiatives.
- Business development and market engagement, when required.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the Manager.
4. Your technical Skills
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Engineering or Environmental fields.
- Computer literate with competence in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point applications essential.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills through proven projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in water, wastewater or solid waste treatment.
- Knowledge of water use legislation and wastewater discharge legislation.
- Able to manage own workload, set and meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum levels of supervision
- Driver’s license and own transport.
5. Your personal Attributes
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Understand the needs of all stakeholders
- Goal orientated, achieve targets set
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels across the business and with customers
- Teamwork, therefore, a proactive, helpful nature and the flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment is essential
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Ability to work independently.
6. What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and can respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.