1.Summary of Role
Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Supervisor to join our operations team and support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. In this role the successful candidate would be involved in the Supervision and Management of the onsite Water and treatment plant which includes supporting the technical, process and resource requirements onsite with support from the Project Manager.
2.How you will contribute
- Your will be responsible to delivery for the projects assigned to you.
- Engaging with the client on a routine basis to provide an update on plant performance
- Upskilling and developing the onsite team
- Keeping the onsite quality systems update and ensuring that this meets the clients requirements
- Ensure efficient operation of all process equipment and the treatment plant as a whole to meet final effluent/water compliance.
- Monitor process variables and ensure data is logged timeously.
- Plant troubleshooting supported by Project Manager and Technical Specialist
- Refresher training for onsite team
- Daily assessment of state of the WTP as well as raising any maintenance issues.
- Daily feedback to the client and process hub on plant performance (incl incident reporting) and engagement with the client on a regular basis regarding other matters
- Enter and upload all required data into Talbot data management system
- Provide telephonic support when required to onsite team
- Co-ordination of the on-site team with regard to operating structure as well as critical and routine tasks.
- Management of onsite laboratory: lab testing; calibration of equipment and quality assurance
- Management of onsite stock levels & placing orders through admin
- Site H&S requirements onsite – H&S file and site-specific compliance. Designated as per OHS Act.
- Communication of any H&S/ HR matters to the Project and Operations Manager level
- Communication/ escalation of any technical issues to Project Manager
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Report all incidents, accidents and near misses to your line manger immediately or within 24 hours.
- Report any defective Electrical or Mechanical plant or equipment to the Project Manager and Client.
- Uphold 5S standards: Maintain the areas in a clean state and perform other housekeeping tasks that may be necessary.
- Maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and client.
- Submission of timesheets and leave forms diligently and timeously.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the Area Manager.
5.Your technical Skills
- Diploma in Water or Wastewater or related field/ Chemical Engineering
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience
- Drivers Licence
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel documents
The following would be advantageous
- Experience in the Operations of water treatment plants with Ultrafiltration and Reverse Osmosis technology
- Experience with managing staff
6.Your personal Attributes
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from you line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7.What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.