1.What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we’re committed to implementing agile, dynamic and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
2.Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for a passionate and commitment Supervisor who aligns to our business drivers to join the Talbot Team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies.
The successful candidate would be based in Mossel Bay involved in the day-to-day maintenance matters in collaboration with on-site teams as well as supervising the onsite team for the day to day operations of the Water and Effluent Treatment Plant in the Mossel Bay area, to ensure compliance with drinking water standards and general discharge limits.
Maintenance (Technical and Process) Ongoing Projects:
- Ensure adherence to health and safety, environment, quality and housekeeping
- Establish operations and maintenance routines/ schedules (preventive, general and emergency) to service all equipment
- Maintain accurate and current equipment documentation, schematics, and preventive maintenance procedures
- Recommend equipment acquisitions and participate in negotiation of equipment purchases and service contracts.
- Undertake the installation and maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintain quality and integrity of all operational equipment.
- Apply fault-finding techniques, conduct root cause failure analysis and regular plant inspections.
- Clean, maintain and repair mechanical parts, components and equipment
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed.
- Maintenance Input into the reports for internal review
- Maintenance site audits when required/ during site visits
- Maintenance input into proposals outside of routine operations (tenders & RFQs)
- Ensure operation of the plant to meet final compliance.
- Demonstrate understanding of the treatment processes and guidelines for process control
- Plant troubleshooting
- Routine assessment of state of the WTP
- Regular feedback to the client and head office on plant performance (incl incident reporting)
- 24/7 telephonic support to onsite team when required
- Management of onsite laboratory: lab testing; calibration of equipment and quality assurance
- Management of onsite stock levels & placing orders through admin
- Site H&S requirements onsite – H&S file and site-specific compliance. Designated as per OHS Act.
- Formal weekly reporting to your line Manager level on site activities, incidents and outcomes
- Communication of any H&S/ HR matters to Operations Manager level
- Communication/ escalation of any technical issues to Technical Specialist (cc Operations Manager)
- Ensure quality and output targets for all projects are met
- Ensure compliance with all H&S aspects within assigned base
- Input into Development of systems to improve productivity and efficiencies
- Weekly operational meeting/ feedback
- Support on maintenance related costings
4.What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team
- Minimum Requirements
- Qualified Fitter and Turner
- Valid trade test applicable
- 3 to 5 years working as a fitter
- Drivers Licence (for more than 5 years)
- The ability to work independently and present reports
- Computer literate
- 2 -3 years’ experience in water and/wastewater treatment processes
The following would be advantageous
- 2 -3 years’ experience with anaerobic digestion, reverse osmosis and ultrafiltration treatment processes
NB: No travelling will be expected
5.Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from you line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player