Summary of Role
Talbot is a South African water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Senior Technician to join our Laboratory team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. The successful incumbent will be responsible to assist the team leaders in the management of technical aspects to ensure the laboratory produces technically valid results.
How you will contribute
- Ensure validity of testing results through applying established procedures
- Streamline processes when improvements are identified
- Address non-conformances timeously
- Support the team leader in quality control protocols and method development
- Perform laboratory tests where required.
- Test and report PT/ILC samples, as required.
- Carry out equipment verification checks.
- Export results to LIMS or enter results in LIMS.
- Approve/ reject results as appropriate on LIMS, including subcontracted results.
- Assist the team leader in the following:
- ensuring Health & Safety Requirements are adhered to by laboratory staff.
- ensuring that staff adhere to the Laboratory Quality Management System’s policies and procedures.
- Check control charts and PT/ILC determinants for trending.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Sign off all quality checks as designated by the Team Leader/ Technical or Quality Manager.
- Assist with method validation for laboratory methods as directed by the Team Leader/ Technical Manager.
- Assist with calculation of all statistical requirements i.e method validation, control charts etc.
- Conduct or co-ordinate training as required.
- Assist technicians with root cause and corrective action process.
- Assist with the investigation of customer complaints and queries as directed by the Team Leader/ Technical Manager.
Your technical Skills
- Minimum: National Diploma Analytical Chemistry or equivalent
- At least 2 years laboratory experience
- Computer skills, (MS-Office including Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Familiarity with using a version of a LIMS
- Able to manage own workload, meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum levels of supervision
Your personal Attributes
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Understand the needs of all stakeholders
- Goal orientated, achieve targets set
- Teamwork, therefore, a proactive, helpful nature and the flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment is essential
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Organized, efficient and effective
- Ability to work independently.
What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.