1. Summary of Role
Talbot & Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Sales Consultant to join our team and support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. The focus of this role will be Client Relationship Management and Key Account Management which will contribute directly to the growth and development of our business, reporting to our New Business Director.
2. How you will contribute
- By developing a deep understanding of our clients’ organisations, their water-related drivers and associated challenges you will identify and, where necessary, package opportunities and projects for the business units to respond to.
- Identify RFQ’s, tenders, and Bids in the market relevant to the business and ensure that they are acted upon by the business
- By managing the relationship between the client and the business, ensure that the business delivers to the clients expectations and ensure that the clients expectations are realistic and can be met by the business where possible.
- By managing the proposal process from initial enquiry / opportunity identification to close and tracking project performance during the life cycle of the project you will help to ensure that we grow our reputation for delivery throughout our market.
- Your strategic insight into our proposals will help to ensure that our submissions are focussed and intentional and best placed to succeed in a competitive landscape.
- Your market knowledge will contribute to the innovative outcomes and solutions that we deliver to our clients and will influence our business strategy and the services & products that we offer to the market.
3. Travel Requirements
- 40-80% of time
- Flexible working arrangements as long as candidate has good engagement and communication skill
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Client relationship management, business development & sales (sales targets will be agreed on appointment)
- Acquiring market insight and providing the feedback to the business
- Understanding the water landscape, impending legislative, compliance and organizational drivers
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of water solutions technologies in the market.
- Assisting with scoping of projects
- Supporting integration across the Talbot & Talbot service lines.
5. Your technical Skills
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent,
- Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- Chemistry, Chemical engineering,
- Environmental Science (Applied Earth / Natural Science)
- Understanding of wastewater processes and technologies
- 5-8 years CRM, BD and sales experience
- The following would be advantageous
- Experience in designing strategic deliverables for large organisations
- Ability to work with a clients to develop innovative and value-rich solutions
- A broad understanding of, and exposure to, industrial processes including process optimisation, water balances and risk management
- Proven ability to engage and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding of costing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present to a diverse audience
6. Your personal Attributes
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving sustainability performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7. What drives Talbot & Talbot
Talbot & Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.