1 Summary of Role
Talbot & Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Regional Operations Manager to join our operations team and support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. In this role the successful candidate would be involved in the management of the onsite Water and Wastewater treatment plants which includes supporting the technical, process and resource requirements onsite. The position requires travel locally in Southern Africa and potentially to Africa as we expand our footprint.
2 How you will contribute
- Your will be responsible to delivery for the projects assigned to you.
- You will need to develop a deep understanding of your clients’ organisations, their water-related drivers and associated challenges in order for us to expand our service offering to the client and support all their water needs across the site
- By managing the relationship between the client and the business, ensure that the business delivers to the client’s expectations and ensure that the client’s expectations are realistic and can be met by the business where possible.
- Upskilling and developing the onsite team
- Keeping the onsite quality systems update and ensuring that this meets the clients requirements
3 Travel Requirements
4 Primary Responsibilities
- Ensure operation of the plant to meet final effluent compliance
- Plant troubleshooting with support from the Technical Specialist
- Refresher training for onsite team
- Routine assessment of state of the ETP/ WTP
- Regular feedback to factory/ client and head office on plant performance (incl incident reporting)
- Telephonic support when required to onsite team
- Management of onsite laboratory: lab testing; calibration of equipment and quality assurance
- Management of onsite stock levels & placing orders through admin
- Site H&S requirements onsite – H&S file and site-specific compliance. Designated as per OHS Act.
- Formal weekly reporting to Operations Manager level on site activities, incidents and outcomes
- Monthly and Ad hoc report preparation to the client
- Communication of any H&S/ HR matters to Operations Manager level
- Communication/ escalation of any technical issues to Technical Specialist
- Input into Business Unit strategy
5 Your technical Skills
- Minimum Requirements
- BSc Degree
- Chemistry/ Biochemistry
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience
- The following would be advantageous
- Experience in the Operations of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Ability to engage as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill and ability to present to a diverse audience
6 Your personal Attributes
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to manage staff (good interpersonal skills)
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7 What drives Talbot & Talbot
Talbot & Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.