Talbot is a South African water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for Project Engineers to join the business and support the project execution portfolio. This will be a critical role in the growth and development of a core project design and execution team within our business.
▪ Project Execution
▪ Project Design
▪ Client relationship management
▪ Technical Capacity Development
▪ Delivery of leadership and management of all Project Engineering aspects of EPCM and EPC projects, including project review and business implementation of lessons learnt
▪ On-Site leadership and project execution of project
▪ Interface/ interdependencies management for all aspects of project, on- as well as off-site
▪ Accountable for delivery of project KPI’s and project management triangle
▪ Deliver on all governance and compliance requirements for the project
▪ Facilitate the change management aspects of the project
▪ Accountability for S&H Management of project
▪ Develop and maintain project documentation
▪ Project Risk management
▪ 30% of time (Regional & International)
▪ Flexible working arrangements required
▪ BSc, BEng Mechanical Engineering or similar
▪ Basic to Working knowledge of Civil and Electrical Engineering disciplines
▪ A post-graduate qualification in Project Management will be a distinct advantage
▪ ECSA Registration
▪ 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management in EPC and EPCM multi-disciplinary industrial environments
▪ Computer Literacy in relevant project and business management packages
▪ NEBOSH, SAMTRAC or similar SHE qualification(s) will be a distinct advantage
▪ Knowledge of the PMBOK knowledge area
▪ Knowledge of procurement mechanisms and tender development
▪ Knowledge and technical ability for installation leadership of Water and Wastewater plant and equipment will be advantageous
▪ General knowledge of engineering sciences and technology applications in the water and wastewater treatment fields will be advantageous
▪ Working knowledge of SHE and Quality assurance methodologies and practices
▪ Project Engineering and Project Management Skills
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills
▪ Proven ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions
▪ Leadership capability & business acumen
▪ Experience and capability to find a sound balance between time, cost, and quality management of project deliverables
▪ Passion for, and commitment to, improving sustainability performance.
▪ Decisive Issue resolution
▪ Excellent written and oral communication
▪ Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
▪ Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
▪ Self-motivated, driven and confident
▪ Organized and efficient.
▪ Ability to work independently.
▪ A team player
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.
Get In Contact With Us