1. Summary of Role
Talbot is a South African water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join the business and support the project execution portfolio. This will be a critical role in the growth and development of a core project design and execution team within our business and will report directly to our General Manager for the Projects Business Unit.
2. How you will contribute
- Project Execution
- Project Design & Development
- Client relationship management
- Business Development
- Technical Capacity Development
- Intellectual Property Development
- Delivery of leadership and management of all Project Engineering aspects of EPCM and EPC projects, including project review and business implementation of lessons learnt
- On-Site leadership and project execution of project
- Interface/ interdependencies management for all aspects of project, on- as well as off-site
- Accountable for delivery of project KPI’s and project management triangle
- Deliver on all governance and compliance requirements for the project
- Facilitate the change management aspects of the project
- Accountability for S&H Management of project
- Develop and maintain project documentation
- Project Risk management
3. Travel Requirements
- 30% of time (Regional & International)
- Flexible working arrangements required
4. Your technical Skills
- BSc, BEng Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Basic to Working knowledge of Civil and Electrical Engineering disciplines
- A post-graduate qualification in Project Management will be a distinct advantage
- ECSA Registration
- 5 years’ experience in Project Management in EPC and EPCM multi-disciplinary industrial environments
- Computer Literacy in relevant project and business management packages
- NEBOSH, SAMTRAC or similar SHE qualification(s).
- Sound knowledge of the PMBOK knowledge area
- Sound knowledge of JBCC, NEC, GCC, FIDIC and other relevant suites of building contracts
- Sound knowledge of procurement mechanisms and tender development
- Sound theoretical knowledge and technical ability for installation leadership of Water and Wastewater plant and equipment will be advantageous
- General knowledge of engineering sciences and technology applications in the water and wastewater treatment fields will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of SHE and Quality assurance methodologies and practices
- Project Engineering and Project Management Skills
- Proven track record in managing high performance professional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and effective presentation skills
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions
5. Your Personal Attributes
- Leadership capability & business acumen
- Experience and capability to find a sound balance between time, cost, and quality management of project deliverables
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving sustainability performance.
- Decisive Issue resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
6. What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.