Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to join the business support function in the business. The successful candidate would be accountable for the group procurement function. To build and develop a highly effective procurement function and strategy. Effect cost management strategies, procurement policies and lead supplier contract negotiations. Increase Revenue from Product Sales.
Supplier Relation / Contracts Management:
▪ Build a reliable high-quality supplier and contractor base
▪ Create and manage Contracts and SLA’s with suppliers/contractors
▪ Maintain supplier development documents
▪ Maintain contractual terms for local, regional and international procurement.
▪ Maximise profit by negotiating the best terms of contracts and maximizing the purchasing leverage across the business
▪ Ensure that the suppliers conform to the supplier requirements in accordance with the supplier contract.
Strategy and Governance:
▪ Align procurement strategy to the Company strategy
▪ Ensure company meets its BEE Procurement targets
▪ Develop and manage the procurement governance process across the business and ensuring policy compliance.
▪ Creating, review and publish procurement policies, procedures, and documents
▪ Ensure implementation of procurement processes, policies, and procedures.
▪ Enhance and standardise procurement practices to ensure conformance to legal and statutory requirements.
▪ Implement appropriate controls and authorisation procedures for all related functions and processes.
▪ Developing the necessary reporting systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency in the application of goods and services.
▪ Developing and implementing the sourcing strategies that leverage economies of scale by consolidating spending across different departments
▪ Work closely with Finance on wider organisational forecast and procurement savings.
Supply Chain Management
▪ Effect savings in OPEX and CAPEX
▪ Develop supplier management criteria and review key suppliers, pricing and contracts annually
▪ Monthly analysis and reporting of the procurement deliverables
▪ Compile and adjudicate RFQ / RFIs for internal departments
▪ Assist in sourcing reliable alternate suppliers as necessary
▪ Evaluate supplier bids and make recommendations
▪ Ensure optimal stock level of equipment to ensure business efficiency and continuity
▪ Expedite and follow up with suppliers so deliverables are kept within acceptable timelines
▪ Conduct Store Audits on frequent basis
▪ Determine the deliverables of SCM from the objectives.
▪ Ensure customer feedback is provided promptly
▪ Ensure customer and suppliers appropriately managed
▪ Action purchase orders, goods receiving and associated logistics for the business – nationally and internationally.
▪ Ensure busines is compliant in documentation requirements for local and international shipping and banking.
▪ Ensure orders are tracked and delivered and associated paper and audit trail robust and complete.
▪ Drive procurement initiatives within the business
▪ Initiate and implement improvements within the procurement department and the procurement process
Procurement Function Management
▪ Management of procurement function staff, line management, team development and growth
▪ Management and developing of warehousing, stock holding requirements of the business
▪ Action product sales enquiries efficiently and promptly
▪ Grow and develop product sales revenue stream
▪ Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Commercial
▪ At least 5 years’ local, regional and international procurement and logistics experience and 3 years’ contract management experience
▪ Purchasing & technical experience in related environment
▪ Computer skills, (MS-Office including excel, word and pastel))
▪ Contract management expertise, supply risk management, business acumen, supplier acquisition and procurement processes
▪ Familiarity with procurement software, approval workflows, purchasing policy, purchasing policy development and contract is highly preferred
▪ Able to manage own workload, set and meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum levels of supervision
▪ Efficient and effective
▪ Ability to work remotely, with little management
▪ Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
▪ Understand the needs of all stakeholders
▪ Goal orientated, achieve targets set
▪ Strong Negotiation Skills
▪ Strong communication skills
▪ Good interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels across the organisation and outside
▪ Teamwork is paramount therefore a proactive, helpful nature and the flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment is essential
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.
Get In Contact With Us