Summary of Role
Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to join our Business Support team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. The successful incumbent will be accountable for the group procurement function.
How you will contribute
- Build and develop a highly effective procurement function and strategy.
- Increase the effectiveness of cost management strategies, procurement policies and contract negotiations.
- Increase Revenue from Product Sales.
Supply Chain Management
- Drive procurement initiatives within the business
- Initiate and implement improvements within the procurement department and the procurement process
- Realise savings in OPEX and CAPEX
- Monthly analysis and reporting of the procurement deliverables
- Assist internal departments with related inquiries (RFQ / RFI)
- Assist in sourcing reliable alternate suppliers if necessary
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations
- Ensure optimal stock level of equipment to ensure business efficiency and continuity
- Expedite and follow up with suppliers so deliverables are kept within acceptable timelines
- Conduct Store Audits on frequent basis
- Determine the deliverables of SCM from the objectives.
- Ensure customer feedback is provided promptly
- Ensure customer and suppliers appropriately managed
- Action purchase orders and associated logistics for the business
- Ensure orders are tracked and delivered and associated paper and audit trail robust and complete.
- Develop supplier management criteria and review key suppliers, pricing and contracts annually
- Action product sales enquiries efficiently and promptly
- Grow and develop product sales revenue stream
Strategy and Governance:
- Align procurement strategy to the Company strategy
- Develop and manage the procurement governance process across the business and ensuring policy compliance.
- Creating, review and publish procurement policies, procedures and documents
- Ensure implementation of procurement processes, policies and procedures.
- Enhance and standardise procurement practices to ensure conformance to legal and statutory requirements (e.g. PPA, Companies Act).
- Implement appropriate controls and authorisation procedures for all related functions and processes.
- Developing the necessary reporting systems to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency in the application of goods and services.
- Developing and implementing the sourcing strategies that leverage economies of scale by consolidating spending across different departments
Supplier Relation / Contracts Management:
- Build a reliable high-quality supplier and contractor base
- Create and manage SLA’s with suppliers/contractors
- Maintain for supplier development documents
- Maintain contractual terms for local, regional and international procurement.
- Maximise profit by negotiating the best terms of contracts.
- Ensure that the suppliers conform to the supplier requirements in accordance with the supplier contract.
- Work closely with Finance on wider organisational forecast, purchasing leverage and procurement savings.
Your technical Skills
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Commercial
- At least 5 years’ local, regional and international procurement experience and 3 years’ contract management experience
- Purchasing & technical experience in related environment
- Computer skills, (MS-Office including excel, word and pastel))
- Contract management expertise, supply risk management, business acumen, acquisition and procurement processes
- Familiarity with procurement software, approval workflows, purchasing policy, purchasing policy development and contract is highly preferred
- Able to manage own workload, set and meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum levels of supervision
Your personal Attributes
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Understand the needs of all stakeholders
- Goal orientated, achieve targets set
- Honour commitment
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels across the organisation and outside
- Teamwork is paramount therefore a proactive, helpful nature and the flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment is essential
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Organized, efficient and effective
- Ability to work independently.
What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.