1. Summary of Role
At Talbot our Operations team provides Total Water Management solutions which encompasses the management of water and wastewater treatment plants. We provide a range of support to clients for the operation and maintenance of water, wastewater treatment and associated utilities including, where required, equipment, spares and chemical supply.
Your role will be key in providing technical input to operational projects, identifying process optimisation opportunities, evaluating the efficiency of current operational models and business development. This role will be based in Gauteng.
2. How you will contribute
- Provide technical input into the operations of multiple water/wastewater treatment facilities
- Contribute to the advancement of operational models and processes
3. Travel Requirements
- Locally and within South Africa
- Internationally when required
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to site assigned operations or project teams when required. This includes but not limited to:
- Review of process data and feedback to the site on relevant process adjustments.
- Communication with site supervisors on ad-hoc technical requirements.
- Stipulation of technical requirements including laboratory and site specifications.
- Technical reporting and submission of reports within agreed timelines.
- Site visits to conduct process audits/assessments on existing and new treatment plants.
- Development of standard operating procedures.
- Training of plant process controllers and supervisors when required.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Research on ad hoc technical issues, to provide input into design and process changes.
- Play an active part as a member of the technical team by completing allocated tasks.
- Concept, basic and detail process design of turnkey water and wastewater solutions and treatment plants.
- Ad-hoc tasks required to manage the operational/technical services to a site.
- Develop technical and financial submissions for proposals and tenders.
- Engage with clients to report, describe and discuss the treatment plant performance, and address any challenges when required.
- Support the business development objectives during sales visits, by presenting compelling technical information where necessary.
In addition to the above any reasonable task assigned by the Manager.
5. Your technical Skills
- BSc (Hons)/Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience in the water and wastewater treatment industry.
- Good knowledge of engineering sciences and technology in the water and wastewater treatment fields, including but not limited to membranes, Anaerobic and aerobic processes and flocculation and separation.
- Working knowledge of SHE and Quality assurance methodologies and practices.
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions.
6. Your personal Attributes
- Passion and interest in water as a resource and the environment
- Out of the box, lateral thinking
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve while embracing challenges
- Ability to adapt to a diverse, challenging and constantly changing work environment
- Self-motivated with an eagerness to learn
7. What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.