1. Summary of Role
Talbot, a leading South African Water & Wastewater Consulting Firm is looking to employ a Process Engineer to be based at our KZN or Gauteng regional offices.
The successful candidate will join the Consulting unit and provide technical assistance to water and wastewater treatment process design, life-cycle costings, process optimisation and troubleshooting, site audits and client support, as well as support Consulting team initiatives.
2. How you will contribute
- By conducting site audits including water and effluent sampling, data collaboration and production of site water balance/modelling.
- By scoping and designing water and wastewater treatment solutions.
- Provide concept and life-cycle costing of turnkey water and wastewater solutions.
- Process assessment and optimisation
- Consulting project management and delivery
- Report compilation and presentation.
- Project management including invoicing, revenue recognition and cost tracking.
- Providing clients with strategic advice and input into total water management
- Supplier and Technology identification, selection, review, and innovation
- Pilot plant trial design and execution
- Participation in technology and IP research and development
3. Travel Requirements
- Up to 20% travel time.
- Flexible working arrangements as long as candidate has good engagement and communication skill.
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility of solution development, engineering and costing of water and wastewater treatment solutions.
- Provide clients with concept options for CAPEX and OPEX approval.
- Provide feedback to economic models to enable life-cycle costings and funder identification.
- Provide an interface between Consulting and Projects for ease of project handover through the life cycle of the project.
- Maintain strong relationships with key clients.
- Management of key clients from enquiry through to project completion.
- Development of RFQ proposals and costings.
- Report preparation, finalization, submission and presentation of solutions to clients.
- Ongoing research of relevant technologies, legislation and market drivers
- Business development and market engagement, when required.
5. Your technical Skills
- BSc or BEng Chemical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or similar.
- 5 years’ experience as a process engineer in a water/wastewater environment and/or similar experience in an industrial or municipal engineering environment.
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint).
- Drivers licence.
6. Your personal Attributes
- Sound engineering knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes.
- Good mathematical and data interpretation capabilities.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater legislation particularly with respect Potable Water (SANS 241) and trade effluent discharge permit systems.
- Working knowledge of water treatment process solutions including UF/NF/RO membranes, media filtration, ion exchange and disinfection systems.
- Working knowledge of effluent treatment process solutions including biological, chemical and physio chemical processes.
- Working knowledge of H&S, Quality Assurance and Project Management practises.
- Team player with the ability to interact with team members across broad range skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and effective presentation skills
7. What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which is a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.