1.What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation, and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we’re committed to implementing agile, dynamic, and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
2.Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for a passionate and commitment Process Controller who aligns to our business drivers to join the Talbot Team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies.
The Process Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the surface level Water Treatment Plant at Sibanye Stillwater Kloof Operations (Thuthukani / Main Shaft), working closely with the Project Supervisor to ensure the produced treated water complies to the SANS241 specification for drinking water. This is a fixed term contract.
Operation and Process Control
- Directly operating the WTP to required operating and design standards.
- Opening and closing of valves, starting of motors and pumps as per established procedures.
- Perform necessary CIPs where required.
- Undertake plant walkabouts at specified intervals to check all equipment, tanks and piping for visual and audible faults/ abnormal conditions and report any defects to the Supervisor/ assigned deputy.
- Preparation, handling & Transfer of chemicals.
- Top up chemical dosing tanks as and when required.
- Collection of samples throughout the treatment process.
- Initiative towards trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Performing laboratory analysis to determine water and effluent quality and plant performance when required.
- Recording and reporting results of analyses timeously.
- Calibration of the onsite portable laboratory equipment when required.
- Collection and submission of samples to external laboratory as per sample plan.
- Recording parameters such as rates of flow, temperature, pH and others to ensure efficient plant operation.
- Submitting key data to our data specialist daily by e-mail and/ or logging of data on our online platform and interpretation of such data.
- Ensure all pertinent matters are communicated on shift handovers.
- Communicate pertinent operational data at specified intervals during the shift as directed by the Supervisor/ assigned deputy.
- Report any defective Electrical or Mechanical plant or equipment to the Project Supervisor.
- Monitoring and reporting stock levels of all consumables on site.
- Report all incidents, accidents and near misses to your supervisor immediately or before the end of your shift.
- Attend production meetings as and when required.
Health & Safety and Housekeeping
- Maintain the working areas in a clean state and perform housekeeping tasks that may be necessary and as directed.
- Understand and acknowledge the site and task-based risk assessments and ensure any risks identified outside of these assessments is brought to the attention of the Supervisor and/ or the assigned deputy so the relevant risk assessment can be updated.
- Ensure the correct PPE is always worn.
- Maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and client.
- Completion and submission of timesheets and leave forms diligently and timeously.
- Where necessary, share experience with colleagues through shared learning or training interventions.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the Supervisor/ assigned deputy.
4.What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team?
- Minimum Requirements
- Water treatment plant operation or laboratory analyst experience (1-2 Years)
- Senior certificate with majors in mathematics & natural sciences
- Valid driver’s license & own vehicle
- Basic understanding of SCADA controlled systems
- Basic understanding of water treatment systems
- Basic understanding of chemistry & exposure to laboratory work
- Basic understanding of pipe systems
- The ability to work independently and present reports when required
- Computer literate
- The following would be advantageous
- ND: Chemical Engineering / Water treatment plant operator certification
5.Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from you line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player