1. What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we’re committed to implementing agile, dynamic and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
2. Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for an energetic, strongly skilled individual with to join the Operations team at Talbot. The role will include day to day Operations of the Cast Water Recovery Plant (CWRP) and work closely with the Project Supervisor to ensure the treatment of Cast Water to required specifications for reuse at the Hulamin, Camps Drift site.
3. Primary Responsibilities
- Record all critical parameters on log sheets such as rates of flow, aluminium concentration, conductivity, temperature and pH for monitoring performance.
- Open and close valves, start motors and pumps as per established operating procedures.
- Complete checklists for all equipment, tanks and piping for visual and audible problems daily.
- Top up chemical dosing tanks as and when required.
- Submit key data to Head Office Technical Support.
- Prepare incident reports such as 5Y.
- Assist the maintenance team with minor ad-hoc maintenance when required.
- Report out of specification results or anomalies on the plant to the Process Engineer and Site Supervisor.
- Collection and analysis of samples throughout the treatment process
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Report all incidents, accidents and near misses to your Supervisor immediately or within 24 hours.
- Report any defective Electrical or Mechanical plant or equipment to the Supervisor.
- Uphold 5S standards: Maintain the areas in a clean state and perform other housekeeping tasks that may be necessary.
- Maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and client.
- Submission of timesheets and leave forms diligently and timeously.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the Supervisor.
4. What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team
The following would be advantageous.
- N2/N3 Water and Wastewater
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in wastewater treatment
5. Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from you line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player