1.Summary of Role
Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a process controller to join our operations team and support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. In this role the successful candidate would be involved in the day-to-day operation of the water treatment plant to ensure compliance with support from the Supervisor.
2.How you will contribute
- Day to day Operations of the WTP
- Work closely with the Project Supervisor to ensure the plant produces compliant drinking water
- Record all critical parameters on log sheets such as rates of flow, temperature and pH for monitoring performance.
- Perform daily laboratory tests to determine and monitor the treatment plant performance.
- Open and close valves, start motors and pumps as per established operating procedures.
- Complete checklists for all equipment, tanks and piping for visual and audible problems daily.
- Top up chemical dosing tanks as and when required.
- Submit key data to Head Office Technical Support daily.
- Prepare incident reports such as 5Y, populating the Maintenance Gap List on an ad hoc basis.
- Update trend charts daily.
- Report out of specification results or anomalies on the plant to the site supervisor and process specialist/project manager when required
- Conduct plant checks as and when required
- Collection of samples throughout the treatment process
- Ensure consistent and clear communication to the supporting team, timeously.
- Plant troubleshooting supported by site supervisor
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Report all incidents, accidents and near misses to you line manger within immediately or within 24 hours.
- Report any defective Electrical or Mechanical plant or equipment to the Senior Process Controller.
- Uphold 5S standards: Maintain the areas in a clean state and perform other housekeeping tasks that may be necessary.
- Maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and client.
- Submission of timesheets and leave forms diligently and timeously.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the Area Manager.
5.Your technical Skills
- N2/N3 Water and Wastewater or equivalent
- At least one-two years relevant experience in water/ wastewater treatment
- Drivers License
- Basic understanding of SCADA controlled systems
- Basic understanding of chemistry & exposure to laboratory work
- The ability to work independently and present reports
- Computer literate
The following would be advantageous
- Diploma/equivalent in Water and wastewater treatment plant operations
- 1-2 years’ experience in operating membrane (Ultrafiltration and/or Reverse Osmosis) treatment plants and or chemical treatment processes
6.Your personal Attributes
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from you line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7.What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.