1. What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we’re committed to implementing agile, dynamic and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
2. Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for an energetic, strongly skilled individual with a valid code 14 driver’s license to join the Operations team at Talbot. The role will include day to day Operations of the Oil ETP and driving the truck, work closely with the Project Supervisor to ensure the plant recovers the waste oils for recycling.
3. Primary Responsibilities
- Drain and Pump all oils delivered to the Central effluent plant from drums or Flowbins.
- Ensure the water from the sludge pit is pumped to Soluble oil Tank when necessary.
- Ensure that the sludge is pumped from the sludge pit to the sludge holding tanks.
- Ensure the oil is pumped from the sludge pit to the oil holding tanks.
- Drain and pump water to soluble oil tank from the oil plant incoming and holding tanks.
- Monitor and operate the oil plant.
- Monitor the Oil Plant tanks levels and ensure no overflows.
- Ensure the oil plant bund is always empty and clean.
- Ensure the Emulsion pump filters are cleaned when running Oil Plant.
- Assist maintenance staff with repairs to the mechanical plant equipment. (Pumps etc.)
- Ensure the completion of daily log sheets.
- Operate/ Drive Hulamin truck for the purposes of changing the skip and moving the tankers on site when required.
- Notify supervisor when empty tubes are required and also when the full tubes need to be removed.
- Pump sludge from the sludge holding tanks or the sludge pit to the tubes.
- Notify supervisor when collection of the used oils is required.
- Check the Hot mill tank and bund level daily.
- Pump water from the Hot mill tank or bund to the tanker when necessary.
- Ensure the lay down area is always kept neat and tidy and all empty drums / Flowbins are moved to the storage area for collection.
- Operate the oil skimmer at the interceptor pit for at least an (1) hour every day.
- Open and close valves, start motors and pumps as per established operating procedures.
- Complete checklists for all equipment, tanks, and piping for visual and audible problems daily
- Report anomalies on the plant to the Supervisor
- Conduct a daily plant check.
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Report all incidents, accidents and near misses to your Supervisor immediately or within 24 hours.
- Report any defective Electrical or Mechanical plant or equipment to the Supervisor.
- Uphold 5S standards: Maintain the areas in a clean state and perform other housekeeping tasks that may be necessary.
- Maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and client.
- Submission of timesheets and leave forms diligently and timeously.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the Supervisor.
4. What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team
- Grade 12
- Driver’s License code 14 is essential.
The following would be advantageous.
- N2/N3 Water and Wastewater
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in wastewater treatment
5. Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from you line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player