1 Summary of Role
Talbot & Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Plant Manager to join our operations team and support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. In this role the successful candidate would be involved in the Supervision and Management of the onsite Water and/or Wastewater treatment plants which includes supporting the technical, process and resource requirements onsite with support from the Regional Operations Manager.
2 How you will contribute
- Your will be responsible to delivery for the projects assigned to you.
- Engaging with the client on a routine basis to provide an update on plant performance
- Upskilling and developing the onsite team
- Keeping the onsite quality systems update and ensuring that this meets the clients requirements
3 Travel Requirements
4 Primary Responsibilities
- Ensure operation of the plant to meet final effluent compliance
- Plant troubleshooting supported by Regional Operations Manager and Technical Specialist
- Refresher training for onsite team
- Daily assessment of state of the ETP/ WTP
- Daily feedback to factory/ client and process hub on plant performance (incl incident reporting)
- Daily matrix to Process Specialist (PS)
- Provide telephonic support when required to onsite team
- Management of onsite laboratory: lab testing; calibration of equipment and quality assurance
- Management of onsite stock levels & placing orders through admin
- Site H&S requirements onsite – H&S file and site-specific compliance. Designated as per OHS Act.
- Communication of any H&S/ HR matters to Operations Manager level
- Communication/ escalation of any technical issues to Regional Operations Manager
5 Your technical Skills
- Minimum Requirements
- Diploma in Water or Wastewater or related field
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience
- The following would be advantageous
- Experience in the Operations of water and wastewater treatment plants
- Experience with managing staff
6 Your personal Attributes
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to manage staff (good interpersonal skills)
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7 What drives Talbot & Talbot
Talbot & Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.