1. Summary of Role
Talbot & Talbot’s Operations Business Unit involved in the Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants has a vacancy for a Maintenance Supervisor. The successful candidate would be involved in the oversight of the maintenance of all our operations and would be based in Pietermaritzburg. The operations comprise water and wastewater treatment facilities and the position would be responsible for the day to day maintenance matters in collaboration with on-site team. The position requires travel locally in Southern Africa and potentially to Africa as we expand our footprint.
2. How you will contribute
- Supervision and support on Maintenance on all sites
- Input into the Maintenance model and program
3. Travel Requirements
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Establish operations and maintenance routines/ schedules (preventive, general and emergency) to service all equipment.
- Maintain accurate and current equipment documentation, schematics, and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Develop and execute the equipment spares inventory control program for water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Recommend equipment acquisitions and participate in negotiation of equipment purchases and service contracts.
- Undertake and oversee the installation and maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintain quality and integrity of all operational equipment.
- Maintain solid working relationships with clients and service providers to promote collaborative efforts and enable effective processes.
- Engage with project clients in order to report, describe and discuss the treatment plant performance, and address any challenges.
- Ensure that health and safety protocols are in place to ensure safe working conditions.
- Oversee and assign the daily work activities including contractors where necessary.
- Train and supervise staff and conduct individual performance reviews.
- Support the business development objectives during sales visits, by providing technical and costing information where necessary.
- Ensure quality and output targets for all projects are met
- Ensure compliance with all H&S aspects within assigned base
- Placing and authorising of orders for all material required
- Oversee and manage material usage on each project
- Input into Development of systems to improve productivity and efficiencies
- Weekly operational meeting/ feedback
- Input into maintenance related costings for proposals outside of routine operations including tenders & request for quotes (RFQs).
5. Your technical Skills
- Qualified Fitter and Turner/Millwright (Minimum N4 in engineering theory);
- Valid trade test applicable
- 5 to 10 years working as fitter
- Drivers Licence
- Experience on decanters, centrifuges, blowers and various types of pumps;
- Strong project management capability;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- The following would be advantageous
- Experience in for water and wastewater
6. Your personal Attributes
- Self-motivated, energetic, driven and confident
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7. What drives Talbot & Talbot
Talbot & Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.