Talbot’s Operations Business Unit involved in the Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants has a vacancy for a Maintenance fitter. The successful candidate would be involved in the day to day maintenance matters in collaboration with on-site teams as well as the support on Adhoc maintenance projects. The position requires travel locally in Southern Africa and potentially to Africa as we expand our footprint.
2 How you will contribute
▪ Onsite and Adhoc Mechanical Maintenance
3 Travel Requirements
▪ 80% of time
Maintenance (Technical and Process) Ongoing Projects:
▪ Ensure adherence to health and safety, environment, quality and housekeeping
▪ Establish operations and maintenance routines/ schedules (preventive, general and emergency) to service all equipment
▪ Maintain accurate and current equipment documentation, schematics, and preventive maintenance procedures
▪ Recommend equipment acquisitions and participate in negotiation of equipment purchases and service contracts.
▪ Undertake the installation and maintenance of all equipment.
▪ Maintain quality and integrity of all operational equipment.
▪ Apply fault-finding techniques, conduct root cause failure analysis and regular plant inspections.
▪ Clean, maintain and repair mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
▪ Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed.
▪ Maintenance Input into the reports for internal review
▪ Maintenance site audits when required/ during site visits
▪ Support the Project Managers on Adhoc site visits.
▪ Maintenance input into for proposals outside of routine operations (tenders & RFQs)
Adhoc Maintenance Projects:
▪ Support on the costing for the Projects
▪ Input into the development of Project Plan
▪ Placing of orders for all material required
▪ Ensure all H&S requirements and documentation are in place
▪ Undertaking of the maintenance as per project plan under the supervision of the Project Manager.
▪ Ensure quality and output targets for all projects are met
▪ Ensure compliance with all H&S aspects within assigned base
▪ Input into Development of systems to improve productivity and efficiencies
▪ Weekly operational meeting/ feedback
▪ Support on maintenance related costings
▪ Minimum Requirements
▪ Qualified Fitter and Turner
▪ Valid trade test applicable
▪ 5 to 7 years working as a fitter
▪ Drivers Licence (for more than 5 years)
▪ The following would be advantageous
▪ 1 to 2 years’ experience in maintenance for water and wastewater
▪ Self-motivated, energetic, driven and confident
▪ Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
▪ Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
▪ Organized and efficient.
▪ Ability to work independently.
▪ A team player
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic, and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.
Get In Contact With Us