1. Summary of Role
Talbot’s Operations Business Unit involved in the Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants has a vacancy for a Maintenance artisan. The successful candidate would be involved in the day to day maintenance matters in collaboration with on-site teams as well as the support on Adhoc maintenance projects. The position requires travel locally in Southern Africa and potentially to Africa as we expand our footprint.
2. How you will contribute
- Onsite and Adhoc Mechanical Maintenance
3. Travel Requirements
4. Primary Responsibilities
Maintenance (Technical and Process) Ongoing Projects:
- Ensure adherence to health and safety, environment, quality and housekeeping
- Establish operations and maintenance routines/ schedules (preventive, general and emergency) to service all equipment with the support from the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate and current equipment documentation, schematics, and preventive maintenance procedures with Support from the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Recommend equipment acquisitions and participate in negotiation of equipment purchases and service contracts.
- Undertake the installation and maintenance of all equipment.
- Clean, maintain and repair mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed.
- Maintenance Input into the reports for internal review
- Maintenance site audits when required/ during site visits
- Support the Project Managers on Adhoc site visits.
- Maintenance input into for proposals outside of routine operations (tenders & RFQs)
Adhoc Maintenance Projects:
- Support on costing for Projects
- Input into the development of Project Plan
- Placing of orders for all material required
- Ensure all H&S requirements and documentation are in place
- Undertaking of the maintenance as per project plan under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Ensure quality and output targets for all projects are met
- Ensure compliance with all H&S aspects within assigned base
- Input into Development of systems to improve productivity and efficiencies
- Weekly operational meeting/ feedback
- Support on maintenance related costings
5. Your technical Skills
- Qualified Fitter and Turner
- Valid trade test applicable
- 1 to 3 years working as fitter
- Drivers Licence
- The following would be advantageous
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in maintenance for water and wastewater
6. Your personal Attributes
- Self-motivated, energetic, driven and confident
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7. What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.