1. What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we’re committed to implementing agile, dynamic and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
2.Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for a passionate and commitment Laboratory technician to join the Talbot Team at our Satellite Laboratory in Port Elizabeth, where you will assist with growth and driving of the overall performance of the PE Laboratory
- Ensure all customers are attended to promptly and professionally
- To assist with efficiencies, improving policies and procedures where required
- Assist with sales with walk in re: test requirements, forms and basic quotes
- Set up of methods guided by PMB laboratory requirements (24 hour tests)
- Log in of samples to ensure efficient and smooth transition on arrival in PMB
- Enter results in LIMS and train up other staff members where required
- Ensure that Health & Safety and Good Laboratory Practice standards are adhered to
- Ensure that quality control procedures are always applied.
- To prioritize deliverables e.g. testing and keep in constant communication on work load with line manager
- To test and report PT samples, as required.
- Back up and assistance with quality requirements e.g., verification checks, stock levels etc
- To ensure quality control is carried out routinely and that the line manager is notified of outliers.
- To submit test results before agreed TAT.
- To assist with the investigation of customer complaints and grumbles as directed by the Manager.
- To assist with non-conformances, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Rotation of weekend work required by Microbiology testing
- Maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and client.
- General housekeeping
- Adhere to the laboratory Health & Safety requirements.
- Always wear the appropriate PPE whilst in the laboratory.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the line manager
4.What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team
- Minimum Requirements
- Analytical Chemistry/BSc Chemistry or Micro or equivalent
- Laboratory experience
- Computer skills, (MS-Office including Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Able to manage own workload, meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum levels of supervision
5.Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from your line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player