1.What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we’re committed to implementing agile, dynamic and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
2.Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for a passionate and commitment 1x Laboratory Technician for a period of 3 years in Mossel Bay who aligns to our business drivers to join the Talbot Team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies.
The Laboratory Technician will be supporting the site team with technical aspects related to testing of samples to ensure the laboratory produces technically valid results. Must be proficient in the QMS and relevant test methods.
- To adhere to the Health and Safety Requirements of the laboratory.
- To adhere to all the requirements of the Laboratory Quality Management System’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out verification and quality checks on equipment before use.
- To conduct analyses and process results on all tests that they have been deemed competent to perform.
- To carry out sample preparation techniques for all tests that they have been deemed competent to perform.
- To calculate and evaluate all results pertaining to the testing.
- To assist with developing, modifying, verifying and validating methods.
- To plot QC data on control charts.
- To check QC charts for trending and report deviations to the team leader.
- To conduct root cause analysis.
- To effectively manage their assigned tests and maintain turnaround time by interrogating the test.
- To assist in maintaining good housekeeping and good laboratory practices.
Safety and Housekeeping:
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Report all incidents, accidents and near misses to the Process Controller and Project Supervisor within immediately or within 24 hours.
- Report any defective Electrical or Mechanical plant or equipment to the Process Controller and Supervisor
- Uphold 5S standards: Maintain the areas in a clean state and perform other housekeeping tasks that may be necessary.
- Maintain solid relationships with your colleagues and client.
- Submission of timesheets and leave forms diligently and timeously.
- In addition to the above, any reasonable task assigned by the Supervisor.
4.What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team
- Minimum Requirements
- National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent
- At least 1 year laboratory experience
- Computer skills (Excel and word)
- Able to manage own workload, meet deadlines and operate independently with minimum levels of supervision.
5.Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving plant performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve with the support from you line Manager.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player