Summary of Role
Talbot is a South African water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Laboratory Sampling Officer to join our Laboratory team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies. The successful incumbent will be accountable for sampling and submitting samples to the laboratory for analysis. The job will be specifically for a dedicated project.
How you will contribute
- Ensure samples are taken correctly and as per the schedule in place
- Submission of samples to the laboratory in time
- Report any sampling issues on site and be part of the solution where required
- Daily sampling and delivery of water samples for laboratory analysis
- Preservation and assurance of sample integrity of samples on-site
- On-site analysis where required
- Follow and implement sampling schedule as planned
- Preparation and packing of cooler boxes for sampling
- Sample as per SANAS accredited sampling procedures
- Understanding and implementing the sampling schedule in place by applicably visiting the respective sites.
- Adhere to Company’s Vehicle and Driving Policy
- Adhere to the Company’s Health & Safety requirements.
- Always wear the appropriate PPE whilst sampling
- Assist with non-routine sample requests if required.
Your technical Skills
- Excellent driving skills and good history of driving for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience in sampling techniques and preservation of samples
- Previous experience in an accredited laboratory would be advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft office (mostly Excel)
- The ability to understand and implement directions to site without supervision.
Your personal Attributes
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment is essential
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Organized, efficient and effective
- Ability to work independently and mostly alone.
What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.