1. Summary of Role
Talbot & Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for a Sales Consultant for our Laboratory and support our ambition to grow one of Africa’s leading commercial Environmental Laboratories. The focus of this role will be accessing market share for the Laboratory through Client Relationship Management and Key Account Management which will contribute directly to the growth, development, presence and reputation our Laboratory in the market.
2. How you will contribute
- By developing a deep understanding of our clients’ organisations, you will be able to advise them on relevant analytical suites required to meet their compliance or research-related criteria.
- Through development of sound relationships with clients you will develop service level agreements that are bespoke to their specific needs and ensure that performance is delivered by our Laboratory Team.
- Engage with our Laboratory team to ensure that they are aware of our clients’ requirements and expectations.
- Develop sales and marketing campaigns that contribute to the growth of the Laboratory
- Identify RFQ’s, tenders, and Bids in the market relevant to the laboratory and facilitate / support associated preparation and submissions.
- By managing the sales cycle from from initial enquiry to close and tracking project performance you will help to ensure that we grow our reputation throughout our market.
- Your market strategic insight into our proposals will help to ensure that our submissions are focussed and intentional and best placed to succeed in a competitive landscape.
- Your market knowledge will also contribute to the innovative outcomes and solutions that we deliver to our clients and will influence our business strategy and the products that we offer to the market.
3. Travel Requirements
- 60-80% of time
- Flexible working arrangements as long as candidate has good engagement and communication skill
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Client relationship management, business development & sales for our Laboratory (sales targets will be agreed on appointment)
- Acquiring market insight on relevant opportunities and providing the feedback to the business
- Expanding / growing our exposure in the market
- Understanding the Laboratory and Analytical landscape in our regional market and helping the business to respond to associated opportunities
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of pending analytical trends globally and helping the business to identify new opportunities & products.
- Assisting with scoping of proposal
5. Your technical Skills
- MSc or equivalent,
- Chemistry, Applied Earth Science, Relevant Natural Science
- Understanding of analytical processes and methodologies
- 5-8 years Client Relationship Management, Business Development and sales experience
- The following would be advantageous
- Experience as an environmental manager or environmental consultant with specific water and contaminated land monitoring and associated analytical interpretation.
- Ability to work with a clients to develop innovative and value-rich solutions
- A broad understanding of, and exposure to, industrial processes including process chemistry and compliance management
- Proven ability to engage and lead
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present to a diverse audience
6. Your personal Attributes
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving organisations environmental performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Self-motivated, driven, tenacious and confident
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7. What drives Talbot & Talbot
Talbot & Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.