1. What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we are committed to implementing agile, dynamic and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
2. Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for an exceptional Junior Accountant who aligns to our business drivers to join the Talbot Team to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies.
The Junior accountant will provide assistance to the finance team as well as provide support to the business, its subsidiaries and their associated business units.
3. Primary Responsibilities
- To provide overall assistance to the financial team
- Provide financial and admin support to the various business units of the company as required
- Assistance and co-ordination of monthly and annual stock counts
- General financial accounting journals
- Provide support to Creditors and Debtors processing
- Provide non-routine assistance in the processing of laboratory, operations monthly and ad-hoc sales invoices.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations across the group supported by the finance team
- Ensure correctness and accurate capturing of information into the accounts.
- Maintenance of intercompany loan accounts
- Assistance/Provide input in preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assistance with Annual Budgeting / forecasting process
- Provide assistance in general accounting and tax related matters.
- Develop, assisting and understanding costs of the business units
- Ensure correctness of relevant stakeholder information (Customer/Supplier information.
4. What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team
- Studying towards or completed accounting Degree/Diploma
- Pastel Evolution experience beneficial (Not compulsory)
- Strong Excel skills
- 1 to 3 years in accounting role.
5. Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Analytical thinking
- Critical thinking.
- Ability to work efficiently within a team and collaboratively.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-developing individual who takes initiatives to continuously improve within and outside the job specification.
- Clear communication skills.
- Passion for numbers and making a difference.