1. Summary of Role
Talbot is a South Africa water solutions advisor and turnkey project implementation company with an international client base servicing the African market and beyond.
We are looking for an energetic, strongly skilled individual to lead the Financial team for Talbot.
The role will manage the full financial function for all entities within the Talbot Group.
2. Main responsibilities:
▪ Produce monthly and annual Financial and Management accounts
▪ Management of the full financial function
▪ Annual Group Audits and AFS
▪ Oversee all company tax responsibilities and submissions.
▪ Ensure company governance and controls are compliant and robust.
▪ Innovate and develop focus in the department and in the business.
▪ Develop relationships and support all company stakeholders – internal and external.
3. Your technical Skills
▪ Minimum Requirements
▪ BCom and/or + Articles
▪ CIMA or CA qualified preferred
▪ Up to 5 years direct experience in similar role
▪ Experience in managing all disciplines within a financial team.
▪ Strong technical accounting knowledge
▪ Strong tax knowledge
▪ Strong IT skills – Excel, Accounting packages
▪ Experience of multidisciplinary professional businesses
4. Your Personal Attributes
▪ Passion for, and commitment to, finance and its contribution to business success
▪ Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
▪ Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment.
▪ Self-motivated, driven, and confident Organized and efficient.
▪ Ability to work independently and remotely.
▪ Desire to improve the efficiency of the business and focus only on what needs focusing on
▪ Strong ethical values
▪ Strong discipline to enforcing company governance and internal control practices.
5. What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic, and driven team and can respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.
Get In Contact With Us