1.What drives Talbot and our People
Creativity, innovation and a team of diverse individuals make Talbot a leader in the delivery of sustainable water and wastewater advice and solutions in Africa, and beyond.
Working with a progressive global network of technology partners and thought leaders, we’re committed to implementing agile, dynamic and inspired solutions that help organisations drive sustainability performance in the water space.
If making a difference and working as part of a dynamic, fast-paced team excites you, then we would love to hear from you.
2.Who we would like to join our Team
We are looking for a Financial Director/ Group Financial Manager who will complement our existing team and help to support our ambition to become one of Africa’s leading water solutions companies.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the Financial Strategy, Commercial and Statutory Compliance of the Group. Responsible for producing a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate group risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Compliance, Risk and Financial Management
- Develop, implement, and maintain business and financial control systems to safeguard financial assets of the company
- Contribute to the achievement of the Group’s business objectives/strategy by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy and systems, risk management strategy and control environment, pricing strategy and funding strategy.
- Oversee the preparation of financial and statutory reports including management accounts for the group.
- Implement appropriate governance controls within the group
- Produce accurate daily, monthly, and yearly cashflows for the business and presentation to Board.
- Chair the company Risk Committee and update the company Risk Register as required
- Ensure statutory compliance for all group companies.
- Manage company F/X exposure and risk.
- Ensure production of monthly management accounts and present, including variance analysis and KPI analysis to the Exco and Board
- Overall responsibility for the integrity of the Company’s Balance Sheet.
- Ensure effective and compliant management of the Group’s tax affairs
- Ensure the company remains compliant on all other statutory/Legislation requirements:
- Data – POPIA etc.
- Ensure that financial accounting policies and procedures comply with GAAP, IFRS, Companies Act, Income Tax Act, Vat Act
- Ensure company Insurance cover is relevant and appropriate to manage business risk and support the Project and Operational environment
- Ensure Group capital requisition and strategy is correctly implemented and actioned.
- Develop and maintain margin improvement initiatives to increase the profitability of the Group
Financial Support and Banking
- Identify innovative and practical financial solutions to support the strategy and ambition of the business
- Develop and manage key relationships with the Group’s bankers and supporting financial institutions
- Perform annual facility reviews with providers and respond to ad-hoc requests.
Business Commercial and Financial Support
- Ensure effective project management accounting and reporting is in place.
- Ensure robust interface between Project Management and Financial Management systems
- Ensure business is correctly reporting revenue and costs at all stages through the Project life cycle
- Be responsible for the development of legal contracts for the business
- Client focused
- Supplier focused
- Provide support to operational business units through:
- Review of RFQ and BID documents and draft contracts for compliance with Group financial and risk management policies and procedures, budgets,
- minimum return requirements and Group’s ability to manage the project cash flows;
- Monitoring financial and risk reporting of client contracts and associated projects to ensure that these are being risk managed effectively & efficiently and that financial performance is in line or better than original project budgets.
- Support long-term growth objective through capacity planning, financial modelling, cash flow planning
- Ensure robust Vendor and supplier portal, registration process is maintained by the company.
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Be responsible for compiling Group’s annual and quarterly forecast and budgets
- Report budgets and forecasts to the board including detailed variance analysis
Annual Audit and AFS
- Manage the company auditing process and be responsible for submission of AFS to the board per the required timeframes.
- Be responsible for the management and relationship with external auditors and associated consultants.
- Maintain company Authority Matrix
- Maintain proper, complete, and timely secretarial records – hard and soft copy
- Ensure adherence to client and supplier contractual requirements
- Facilitate company’s dividend policy as required and effect transactions.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the company BBBEE strategy and the annual certification process.
- Develop and execute the Financial and Support functions strategy in support of the overarching business strategy.
- Provide input into various project/contractual initiatives of the business.
- Be proactive and strive to introduce efficiencies, enhanced and new appropriate processes/documentation, cost savings into financial processes and business – including the use of automation, and new technology
- Develop and ensure up to date knowledge of country specific tax/accounting/regulatory/economic environment conditions and provide feedback to the business
- Consider financial employee performance and development and look to provide opportunities for such
- Promote corporate governance
3.What Qualifications and experience do you need to bring to the Team
- BCom Hons Degree
- Articles / Equivalent
- Professional Qualification – CA/CIMA
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience
- A strong understanding of, corporate risk, governance, and control
- Financial Management and reporting
- Ability to work with and manage multi-disciplinary teams
- Contract negotiations
- Engineering/Construction/turnkey project management and project accounting
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- Understanding of IFRS/GAAP
4.Your Attributes that will help our Team to succeed
- Passion for, and commitment to, finance and its contribution to business success.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- Team player