Summary of Role
Talbot’s Operations Business Unit involved in the Operation and Maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants has a vacancy for an Electrical Technician. The successful candidate would be involved in the day to day overseeing of the electrical matters in collaboration with on-site teams as well as the support on Adhoc and associated projects.
2. How you will contribute
- Onsite and Adhoc Electrical Support
3. Travel Requirements
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain, electronic control systems, PLC, SCADA and instrumentation
- Minimise equipment downtime through planned maintenance inspections.
- Complete preventative maintenance checks and fault-finding inspections on all electrical equipment
- Installing electrical equipment in panels, wiring and numbering of panels and testing electrical circuits
- Notification of any Electrical issues/faults
- Input into the reports for internal review
- Relevant Support as and when required by the Projects team.
- Ensure quality and output targets for all projects are met
- Ensure compliance with all H&S aspects within assigned base
- Input into Development of systems to improve productivity and efficiencies
- Weekly operational meeting/ feedback
- Support on maintenance related costings
- Any other reasonable task requested by your Manager
5. Your technical Skills
- Diploma/ NQF level 6 qualification or equivalent in electrical or electronic engineering.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in electrical and PLC control systems.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Capability to design, build and execute basic PLC and HMI programs.
- Knowledge of valve and pump control systems
- Working understanding of computers would be an advantage.
- The following would be advantageous
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in with electrical work on water and wastewater treatment plant.
- Electrician Trade Test is advantageous
- Experience working with Allen Bradley, Siemens and Rockwell PLC
6. Your personal Attributes
- Self-motivated, energetic, driven and confident
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Organised and efficient.
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
What drives Talbot
Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.