1. Summary of Role
Talbot & Talbot is a rapidly growing water risk advisory and solutions consultancy and turnkey project implementation company. We are looking for a young and ambitious BI Developer to join the business and support the development, maintenance and growth of TalbotAnalytics, a first of its kind application in the water sector. This will be a critical role in the development of this exciting new service line and will report directly to the New Business Director. The position holds significant opportunity for growth within the company and personal development.
2. How you will contribute
- Application development management
- BI report development
- Database maintenance
- Application training and support
3. Travel Requirements
- 10% of time
- Travel between Talbot & Talbot’s offices will be required
- Flexible working arrangements as long as candidate has good engagement and communication skills
4. Primary Responsibilities
- Project management of TalbotAnalytics development
- Development, design & publishing of BI Reports
- Engagement with TalbotAnalytics developers
- Application troubleshooting
- Database management and maintenance
- Engagement with clients to understand customized requirements
- Internal and external training on application use
5. Your technical Skills
- Experience in designing, developing and publishing BI reports
- Experience in database design, management & maintenance
- Ability to work with a client to develop an innovative and value rich solution
- Statistical analysis, interpretation and presentation of data and results
6. Your personal Attributes
- Passion for, and commitment to, improving sustainability performance.
- Innovative, creative thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Enjoy diverse and challenging work environment
- Self-motivated, driven and confident
- Ability to work independently.
- A team player
7. What drives Talbot & Talbot
Talbot & Talbot is an innovative and entrepreneurial business which aims to become a key player in the African water market. We are a well-aligned, enthusiastic and driven team and are able to respond rapidly to market opportunities which creates a diverse and rapidly changing work environment.